Rib Ride is a new addition to our Top 100 Attractions books, and after winning their much earned 'Anglesey Tourism Award' they have earned with pride their place in our new Wales edition. In my honest opinion, although Anglesey in itself, is a huge attraction and brings hundreds of thousands of visitors every year to this ancient celtic Island. Anglesey is still very lucky to of been chosen by RibRide as its base for all of its activities. This is not just a thrill seekers type of attraction, and even if your not confident on the water, their trained and informative set of staff will very quickly put your mind at ease. This attraction really does allow you to see this part of the North Wales coast in a totally different light, and for that very reason, RibRide offers total value for money.
New for this year The Bear Grylls RibRides.
Whether it's the adrenalin rush of high speed turns or the encounters with wildlife, you are sure to leave the boats with a smile on your face. We cater for individuals or groups of any age from 4 years old and up wanting a one-hour ribride. For those more adventurous types we offer the option of chartering a rib for the day to go around Anglesey or to chill out on a secluded beach. RibRides require no prior knowledge of boats, just the ability to make one largish step down into the boat. Our friendly and capable drivers will take care of the rest. Outside of extreme weather, rainy spells and the odd splash you will not get wet.... unless you want to! For those who aren't too fond of getting wet we do have waterproofs but please dress for the changeable conditions our country can offer. We provide lifejackets, all you need are soft soled shoes or boots and clothing suitable for a 5-8 degree drop in temperature.
- Anglesey is the most beautiful and exciting place to go for a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) adventure. To the North West of Anglesey there is a unique group of rocky islands called the ‘Skerries' and you can travel to ‘Gogarth' Bay from North Stack and to the RSPB South Stack Cliffs nature reserve where you can look up at some of the highest sea cliffs in Wales.
- We can now take on the challenging environment of the Irish Sea. The RIB has already been tested in extreme arctic environments by the famous adventurer Bear Grylls, so it is perfect to take you on an adventure boat tour. Our values fit with Bear's philosophy of outdoor adventure and we have worked in partnership to create the Bear Grylls ‘BG RibRide Adventure Boat Tours'.
- There are two scheduled ‘BG RibRide Adventure Boat Tours':
- Skerries - Islands, South Stack and Sea
- Gogarth - Cliffs, Sea Birds and Caves
- You will need a sense of adventure for both trips. Our skippers are your fast and fun adventure guides to the dramatic unique landscape and the open sea, and you will spot spectacular sea birds.
- The ‘BG RibRide Adventure Boat' is also available to book for special occasions, wedding parties, birthday parties, work colleagues and family groups. Talk to us and you can ‘BOOK THE WHOLE BOAT'.
- Our unbeatable advantage is that we are based in one of the best locations in the UK for adventure boat tours. Our aim is to have fun in the outdoors and we can show you the hidden secrets of the North Wales coastline.
- Apart from occasional rainy spells and the odd splash, you will not get wet… unless you want to! For those who aren't too fond of getting wet, we do have waterproofs, but please dress for the changeable conditions our country can offer. We provide the lifejacket. All you need are soft-soled shoes or boots and suitable clothing. Our skippers are expert mariners, they are highly trained and very knowledgeable; they tell stories and share facts that make every trip an enjoyable event. You will take home great memories and a big smile.
- You can either book online or call us on our local rate number. We accept all major credit cards.
- Directions to BG RIBRIDE Holyhead:
Sat Nav post code LL651YA.
Head towards Holyhead, look out for the signs to Holyhead Marina follow those until you arrive. When you turn into the marina, there are spaces for parking up on the left hand side. Once parked head towards the ‘Marina Stores Cafe Bar', here you can buy a nice coffee from Penny and her team and watch the Explorer boat return from its previous trip.