Old Kings Street Farm Holiday Cottages
Set amid the peace and beauty of the Golden Valley, the holiday cottages at Old King Street Farm will give you a relaxed and interesting stay in the heart of the Welsh Marches just twelve miles from Hereford and Abergavenny. Half a mile from a village with two country pubs with restaurants, a village shop and post office, and a butchers, you have all you need on your doorstep
With breathtaking views and situated on a quiet lane next to the main farmhouse, Pomona Cottage (sleeps Four) and The Cider House (sleeps Two) are both modern and comfortable. They are newly restored from our 18th century barns. With a mix of old oak beams and ultra modern bathrooms, old stone feature walls and underfloor heating, the accommodation is extremely spacious and stylish.
The ten acres of Old King Street Farm has woodland, a lakeside barbecue / picnic area, a stream, and our herd of fourteen llamas quietly grazing nearby. Guests may wish to take a llama trek and explore the Black Mountains during their stay.
- The Cider House sleeps 2 and has been awarded a five star rating by Visit Wales
- Upstairs is the very large 25-foot long double bedroom. At one end, nestled beneath the oval owl-hole window is the King-sized antique brass bedstead. Attractive oak flooring throughout. A large walk-in wardrobe and a dressing table are provided
- Off the bedroom is the bathroom with roll-top bath and shower attachment
- The ground floor is open-plan with a living area merging into the kitchen / dining area
- The fitted kitchen is newly equipped with an electric oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge and separate deep freeze
- Under-floor heating throughout the stone-tiled ground floor
- Comfortable furniture with settee and matching armchair.
Pomona Cottage which sleeps 4 has been awarded a four star rating by Visit Wales and has a Mobility Impairment Level M1 rating - the disabled access making it suitable for less-able guests
The ground floor - with no stepped access from the parking area - has a twin bedroom with dressing table and wardrobe, open-plan 22-foot long living area, kitchen / dining area and attractively tiled wetroom / shower
Upstairs is the double bedroom with a fine King-sized bed, oak flooring, wardrobe and chest of drawer.
The fitted kitchen is newly refurbished with an electric oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge with freezer compartment
There is underfloor heated stone throughout the ground floor for that truly luxurious feeling
The stylish modern wooden furniture is made from ash, whilst the living area has two settees and two comfortable chairs
- Cot and high chair available on request in either cottage
- Broadband wireless WIFI connection to both cottages
- No smoking or pets
- All linen and towels provided
- Both cottages have tv with Freeview
- Ample off-road car-parking
The two cottages can be inter-linked at first floor level, providing accommodation for six.
The Cider House and Pomona Cottage subtly mix the traditional with the new. They have a wealth of old oak beams, modern facilities, stone walls and piping hot water
Old King Street Farm, Ewyas Harold
Hereford, Herefordshire, HR2 0HB
Click on a photograph to view in a larger format
View the map below to see where we are and to get directions.
Golden Valley Llama Trekking
Llamas are members of the camel family. These charming, inquisitive and gentle animals will delight in accompanying you on a walk through the beautiful South
Kentchurch Court & Gardens
Kentchurch Court is considered to be one of the most important historic houses in England. It is also the ancestral home of the Scudamore family.
Nearby Eating Out
Gentle Jane Tea Room
Gentle Jane tearoom is located in the centre of Grosmont next to the shop and post office, and just along from the Angel pub. Both the church and castle lie within 150
The Bridge Inn (Inn with Rooms)
The Bridge Inn(Inn with Rooms) is a 16th century riverside inn, restaurant and campsite idyllically located in the small village of Michaelchurch Escley. Situated in the shadows of the