Sutton Baynham Farm Activities
1. We are situated on the tree line of the 27,000 acres of Royal Forest of Dean, 30 seconds from your front door. With acres of space with meadows, ponds and streams walk the farmland or the woodlands.
2. Soudley Ponds 500 yards away are 3 connecting ponds is a nature reserve for wildlife and the surrounding paths are suitable for pushchairs and the less able. Try the walk up to the ridge to the Blaize Bailey viewpoint overlooking the River Severn.
3. 12 Easy Walks
4. Sculpture Trail starts 3 miles from here Beechenhurst Lodge and is way marked. Whole trail is 4.5 miles long and will take 2-3 hours. There are two signposted shortcuts back.
5. Puzzle Wood is an experience for all ages. David Else of Lonely Planet commented that this is an extraordinary area with a maze of paths, eerie passageways through moss-covered rocks, hidden dead ends, weird rock formations. Explore meandering pathways through beautiful ancient woodland. The mile of paths meander through gulleys and moss covered rocks, over bridges and through fantastic tree and rock formations
6. Cycle Hire and 11 mile cycle trail through the forest. Explore the Wye Valley and the Peregrine Way to Symonds Yat. Cycles to hire for everyone.
7. Severn Bore tidal wave is one of the biggest in the world
(20011 Bore Times now available) It is one of Britain's few truly spectacular natural phenomena. It is a large surge wave that can be seen in the River Severn, where the tidal range is the 2nd highest in the world, being as much as 50 feet (approx. 15.4m).
8. Canoe & Kayak Hire at Symonds Yat in the forest of dean so you can canoe down the Wye.
9. Go Ape - The family favourite! AWESOME tree top adventure. Think your friends and family can handle 3 hours of tree top adventure? If you can climb up a rope ladder you should be fine.
10. Information about wildlife events in the Forest of Dean by Forestry Commission.