Woodville House & Gardens
Attraction in Co. Wexford
Woodville House and Gardens are situated on a working farm just two miles from New Ross, County Wexford. The Georgian house belongs to the Roche Family who have lived here since 1876. The current owner Gerald Roche and his wife, Helen maintain the enchanting gardens, mature grounds and water garden which make this a truly delightful place to visit. Woodville House is a fine five bay, two storey over basement Georgian house dating from about 1800 situated above the river Barrow. The property was acquired by P J Roche, great grandfather of the present owner in 1876 and is now occupied by the 5th generation of Roches to live there. The house is set in the centre of a working farm and is approached by long avenues through parkland planted with specimen trees including Sequoia, cedar, pines, and cypress. The resident flock of sheep grazes the pasture land, a scene unchanged for two hundred years.